Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You pay $800 million and you can decide what to do with turtle bay!

North shore oahu has a shortage of vacation and residential properties. Illegal vacation rentals push residents out of the market.

Turtle bay would give our valued visitors a chance to experience the beauty of
north shore oahu, and relieve the shortage for additional residential and vacation experiences.

These visitors would fill the restaurants, shops, and cultural exhibits of the north shore.

You organization is being used by owners of illegal rentals, and other monopolistic property owners, psuedo environmentalist, and radicals claiming concern for culture.

This is private property, passed from original land grants from royalty and kings, laboriously assembled, reclassified, and rezoned at great expense, and passed to its present owners free and clear of all
encumbrances or cultural claims. Their are no sacred, ritual, or gathering claims. Development is not an affront to the dead or their burials. If your concerned about the burials then why have they not been marked or preserved or honored. The dead have no claim on these lands, nor do you.

The unilateral development agreement is the most sensitive and thorough community plan the state has ever seen. It should be a model for other developments in the state. You and your like ought to sued and held liable for any loss in value from your hysterical behaviors.

If I owned kuilima, I would build as planned without reservation, unique proud properties, sensitive to the environment .

You want to decide the fate of Kuilima, you pay $800 million and you can. Or lobby for more height in exchange for your request.

No supplemental impact statement is needed. I guess fewer than 150 new homes have been built since 1985, the freeway has been expanded, sewage rules strickened, and shoreline preservation enforced. Oaktree and kuilima will be and have been exlempary citizens and bring valued private capital to the north shore.

The architects know visitors and residents are looking for an exotic and unique - non waikiki experience and would be fools to build wall to wall condos. It is absurd to compare this property to waikiki.

Albert Del Rio
resident oahu
808-526-3287