Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what is going on in mokuleia?

what's with all the idiotic changes in mokuleia?

cement cylinders now block parking/access.. theres no parking along the road. not only are they impractical, but they make it difficult for everyone to enjoy the beach.

by the way, it's now illegal to camp, bring your dogs with you, and even your cooler of ice-cold heinekens is a no-no. thinking of bringing your 4-wheeler along? no, that's now illegal, too.

seriously, what is this crap? i grew up playing in mokuleia--a clean, un-touched, serene place that's pretty hard to find these days. we used to have bonfires at night & camp & stay up catching crabs. i do understand that some people get out of hand with the drinking/partying, driving their vehicles on the beach, etc.. but why let them ruin this for the rest of us? seriously.. if you haven't seen this new development, you need to check it out. it'll make you sick.

slowly, things are starting to change for the worst.. i find it ironic that the state will let a national television show (Lost) pile up plane parts and rubble on the beach for months, and now we (locals!) have no where reasonable to park? we can't bring our dogs?

something has to be done..i drove down there today (before i knew things had changed) and there was virtually NO ONE there.. on a sunny saturday.. i know some of you out there have to be as outraged as i am.

i want to start a petition against the recent changes made. i don't know how to go about doing that yet, so if anyone agrees with me & has an idea, let me know! i'm also going to attempt to post a petition on myspace to start getting it circulated.

thanks for reading.. let's keep the country COUNTRY!

Re: what is going on in mokuleia?

Lea, isn't it better with less people there?
I think the barriers are another attempt to keep out the homeless (not sure about that one...where they gonna go?).
There's plenty of space for parking--just on ON the beach.
And bonfires on the beach are definitely not cool. I'm a firefighter in Haleiwa and we're constantly going down there to put out someone's bonfire (it's illegal, after all). We don't like to be "kill-joys" but no one likes to see piles of charcoal on the beach, and no one likes to step on the left over nails (from burning pallets), or the still hot coals that were buried to make the fire disappear. Bring an old BBQ with no legs and make a fire in that...and dump the coals in an appropriate place, please.

On another note, think of the restrictions that will go into place if they build out Turtle Bay! No more fun allowed over there, even if you can find a place to park.
KEEP THE NORTH SHORE COUNTRY! Aloha

Re: what is going on in mokuleia?

sorry about the typo... my third line should have said
There's plenty of space for parking--just not ON the beach.
Aloha