Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Surfers Are The Most Uneducated Professional Athletes In America (maybe the world)

its quite ironic that you say that surfers are uneducated, thats what the EDUCATED americans said about hawaiians too.
look around you, the things that you see and are displeased with are a result of the "educated" meddling with the world.

Re: Surfers Are The Most Uneducated Professional Athletes In America (maybe the world)

Most surfers I know, and I am one myself, REPECT the ocean and beach.

I did not say that surfers do not respect the ocean. I said PROFESSIONAL SURFERS are not as educated as other atheletes. Perhaps you are a professional surfer who could not or did not read the original post?

I happen to have my bachelors degree and am getting my masters degree so i can read your very enlightening analysis about surfers. With all of my education I still do not believe that a college education is the key to being educated. There are countless examples of the "educated" ******* things up for everyone else. Lets see, how about, Enron, how about the management of oaktree, and oh what about this one, our current politicians. Do not blame surfers for being undeducated because our society does not recognize surfing as a real sport. Lets see, why are surfers drop outs, maybe b/c our schools don't support it. AT least surfers have the right idea.

IN WHAT SPORT IS THERE NOT LOSERS??????? Have you been to the mainland lately????!!!! Do you see all the drugies, and thiefs, and murderers who are basketball players.
NORTH SHORE IS THE MECA OF SURFING LADY!!!!!
Yah, we get all walks of life here.

YOU THINK SURFERS ARE THE ONLY LOSERS? HAH!

I THINK THE REAL FIGHT SHOULD BE MAKE SURFING A SCHOOL SPORT SO THAT KIDS HAVE THE CHANCE TO PIRSUE THEIR PASSION AND GO TO SCHOOL. THAT IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

I THINK YOUR IN DREAMLAND, LADY, YOU HAVENT SEEN THE REST OF THE WORLD IN A WHILE HAVE YOU?

Yes I am a professional Surfer, and yes I have a college degree. I know professional surfers with college education and I know professional surfers who don't have a high school degree. Being amongst professional surfers as my peers I have to say, it does not take a college education to see the light on many issues. Most professional surfers care deeply about our environment. Have you ever hear of Surfrider Foundation? There are many organizations supported by professional surfers. Yes I do agree with you about some of the issues us Kamaainas have with the Malahinis who move here and push their agendas on us locals. Sometimes we agree on issues and many time we disagree. Common sense will prevail as we have seen time and time again. As long as we stick together and keep fighting we will keep country COUNTRY.

To Surfergirl...

...Yes thats one of the current problem (surfing not being a school sanctioned sport). I remember back in the 80s there was an incident of oahu school kids drowning on a field trip to Chinamans hat. Ever since then the Hawaii Dept. of Education has been super strict on school sanctioned outings on the beach. The liability issue have kept surfing from being sanctioned by the DOE.