Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Surfers Are The Most Uneducated Professional Athletes In America (maybe the world)

Yes I am a professional Surfer, and yes I have a college degree. I know professional surfers with college education and I know professional surfers who don't have a high school degree. Being amongst professional surfers as my peers I have to say, it does not take a college education to see the light on many issues. Most professional surfers care deeply about our environment. Have you ever hear of Surfrider Foundation? There are many organizations supported by professional surfers. Yes I do agree with you about some of the issues us Kamaainas have with the Malahinis who move here and push their agendas on us locals. Sometimes we agree on issues and many time we disagree. Common sense will prevail as we have seen time and time again. As long as we stick together and keep fighting we will keep country COUNTRY.

Re: Surfers Are The Most Uneducated Professional Athletes In America (maybe the world)

To Surfergirl...

...Yes thats one of the current problem (surfing not being a school sanctioned sport). I remember back in the 80s there was an incident of oahu school kids drowning on a field trip to Chinamans hat. Ever since then the Hawaii Dept. of Education has been super strict on school sanctioned outings on the beach. The liability issue have kept surfing from being sanctioned by the DOE.