Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Thank you North Shore, now would you all please grow up (just a little)

Re: Don't Elect The Anti Business, Anti Tourism Idiot

What frustration I get from reading your close-minded arguments. First of all, the economic crisis we are going through right now is what is causing the decrease in hotel occupancy. The fact that you believe by simply electing someone that will make people feel more welcome throughout the islands will help this problem sickens me. People are not spending money on unnecessary goods right now and that is why this number is waning. Lets face it, a casual vacation to Hawaii is not need, it is a want. If the expansion had gone through years ago, our island would be having even more of a problem right now. There would be even more debt set upon us and that percentage would be a great amount lower simply due to the fact of empty rooms at Turtle Bay Resort and not to mention, unemployment. Every Hawaiian island as it is, is very accommodating and welcoming as a whole.

Re: Don't Elect The Anti Business, Anti Tourism Idiot

Whitney, it's taken me a while to answer you. My apologies for taking so long to be rude to you and let you know how wrong you are.

The HOTEL occupancy is down. If the Serial Protesters did not slow down Turtle Bay, the construction projects alone would have made work for just about anyone who was willing.

But that is not the case is it? No new jobs coming to the North Shore any time soon, you think?

Maybe your buddies Jack and Blake will hire people to build trails at Paumalu Pupukea? Don't think so.

The Mormons backed off of their plans partially because they did not want to deal with the enviroMENTAL whackos on the North Shore. No new jobs over there any time soon.

Keep up the good work with all your ignorant