Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I Don't Want a Keeper, I Don't Need a Defender.

Well the opponents to Turtle Bay are no doubt spitting vindictives, gnashing their teeth and getting ready to protest and intimidate some more. The word finally got out that the subdivision approval was voted on and stamped on September 29th - Advertiser Story, Star Bulletin Story

I think I now know what makes me inclined to present the Turtle Bay side - it is the Brown Shirt intimidation tactics, discussion stifling, uncivilized manner of the opponents to Turtle Bay. It is the same bunch of serial protestering NIMBY Mafia that has opposed every single change on the North Shore.

This cabal is so self-righteous about and denigrating about how they know what is right for the community. They make me ill.

They have effectively stopped anyone from expressing any opinion other than their own. If you want proof, think back to the Neighborhood Board meetings with regards to Turtle Bay, The Mall, V-Land, Surfing Contests - etc. These thugs shout down people, use abusive language and threatening manners and outside of the meetings social stink eye. It is not that there are not many that favor Turtle Bay, it is that the ones that do dare not say anything, it is not worth it.

The fanatical freaks who oppose Turtle Bay are SCARY, I dare not in public confront or contradict them. I choose to remain anonymous out of fear.

They look down their noses at the primarily brown skinned people who work at Turtle Bay and say things like "those are jobs no one wants". "Who wants to have our kids clean bathrooms for a living."

Then they tell lies like Turtle Bay is going to be another Waikiki, Turtle Bay has done nothing in 20 years, Turtle Bay is going to pave over Kawela Bay.

What a bunch of brutish beasts. It will be so sad for them when their children and grandchildren wind up working for an expanded Turtle Bay Resort in the not to distant future.

These lying, intimidating, know it all elitist can kiss my big, brown ... Now, now Toegee-Jon, you are starting to sound like those fascists over in Sunset.

Re: I Don't Want a Keeper, I Don't Need a Defender.

For someone who has pretended to be reasonable and talked about polite discourse, that is quite a vitriolic rant, Hapa Mother.

For everyone else reading her/his comments, keep in mind that tentative subdivision approval does not affect our legal efforts. Our case for an SEIS is as strong as ever. Tell all your friends to keep up their support.

Aloha,

Gil Riviere

You are right Gil. I am sorry for blowing up.

But, I could never even come close to saying anything in public, because you and your cronies would crucify me or anyone else.

So, all I can do is blow off a bit of steam and use the power of the keyboard.

Aloha.

You go, Toegee -

About time someone spoke up.

I don't live in Hawaii anymore, but I did - for a long time.

I can remember when Del Webb built the Kuilima as a gambling resort. Lots of people wailed long and loud that the North Shore was going to be another Waikiki. That was in 1972.

Kawela Bay has been a gated, private community for wealthy haoles since the 1950's. If I had a property there, I would want to keep it private too. I don't get why the vast majority wants to keep rich pople rich, and exclude themselves from one of Oahu's best beaches. That makes no sense.

If there is anything the North Shore needs, it's development. Thoughtful, practical, environmentally sensitive development.

If not, it's going to be the same thing for the next thirty years - lots of drugs, lots of thugs, lots of illegal vaction rentals to meet demand, and lots of folks who think they have special rights based on their ethnicity.

Say hello to Owl, I heard he's living in his car at Sunset - same crappy dirt parking lot as thirty years ago.

Good luck - y'all are going to need it.

Another angry person, it seems, supports expansion. One who does not have enough manners to avoid swear words in a public place.

More interestingly, the commentor no longer lives in Hawaii and apparently has no stake in its future.

The score is now two annonymous people in support and thousands of area residents opposed to the current expansion plan. I'll take my chances with the vast majority of residents, thank you.

I agree with Toegee and JAFH (polite name)

Wow Toegee, you seem to be making a huge generalization. Actually, you ARE making a huge generalization. The majority of the people who are part of this group are not the thugs you keep referring to. Though you may be scared and feel jostled by those individuals, you need to step back and look at the bigger picture.
A large part of our group is in my generation. We are have been considered the tech generation, the web generation and one of the smartest, most innovative and most involved generations in history. We are young, ambitious and understand what is occurring throughout society as it fluctuates socially and economically. This is why it comes to me with no surprise that the majority of these individuals I have discussed this matter with have been astonished. We are aware that our culture is eroding away along with our island with each passing day. My age group acknowledges the negative effects this project will have on our island, and are doing something about it for once. We are taking a stand and will continue.
If the fear you claim to be feeling is so prevalent that you cannot voice your opinions in a public town meeting, then please, sit down with one of the many educated and civil individuals that are in support of this group and learn what we are really about.