Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supporter Comments - Part 4

THANK YOU!
#
THANK YOU!CORPORATE GREETY PIGS.BUILD,BUILD,BUILD.TRAFFIC,TRASH,SEWAGE NOW THAT IS THE REAL ISSUE.UNDER PAID CRAPPY JOBS WE DO NOT NEED THEM.LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN THE NATION.ANGER IS A GIFT!MAHALO
#
If Turtle Bay is allowed to expand without any restrictions, we are in danger of becoming another Kihea and Wailea where unbridled greed has produced a massive slab of concrete. There will be no rural area left on Oahu as it morphs into a sprawling urban landscape.

If Turtle Bay gets away with this rape, it will be a legacy of shame, a continuation of the "money above all" mentality that as ruined once beautiful Waikiki, Lahaina, Kaanapali, Princeville, Hualalai, Kailua-Kona, Poipu, and Wailea.

Our North Shore must remain a place for all people to enjoy the rural atmosphere, the beaches, and the sunshine that make our community unique.
#
I grew up on the North Shore and would hate to see it change from its wondrous beauty.
#
I am in total support for keepimg the country Green and country The plans oaktree have for our backyard are unrealist on many levels.Large corporations like Oaktree don't give a **** about anything EXCEPT profit and Loss statements. I don't believe anything Oaktree and their attorneys say they can't be trusted PERIOD.They( Benchmark) can't even staff the current hotel and the hotel is rarely full to date.
#
Is this place a tropical island or a floating resort!?! Ku'e, ku'e!!!
#
I want to help. Lots of people are giving up getting discuraged. I have hope and I think this is not going to be a losing battle, If people take a stand, If not the Monster will win!!!
#
Don't let the developers win - they're just a bunch of greedy jerks.

We have so many here that cut corners and endanger not only the environment, but also people's lives.

Keep the faith and don't let them get away with abusing you all by manipulating a pro-development government.
#
first off thanks for everything you guys are doing to educate the public, and to gain support for the cause. As a community member, i must admit, initially i was outraged only by what the high number of proposed rooms would mean for traffic and rubbish, once the shock subsided and my head cleared to examine ALL aspects(pros and cons) of the project i realized how devestating this will be for the environment, the community, the culture and the whole island should it be allowed to proceed as planned. i've been realizing lately that although im only 21 and a girl i do hold an amazing amount of power for change if i just put myself to hard work in support of issues i believe in. i've been writing a series of portfolios for my political science class at WCC on this issue and have brought it up for constructive feedback in class. i was amazed at the amount of people that either didn't have an educated stand or had no clue of the development proposal. i guess my point is how can i help you guys make a positive impact now and give the younger generations something to be proud of and fight HONORABLY AND HONESTLY for when the issue inevitably arrises again. Instead of acting like bully's boasting negative opinions and name calling(however hard it is to hide the anger), i feel like simply presenting the harsh facts speaks volumes in gaining the attention and support of the people. you guys do a tremendous job of that and i thank and praise you for it, and want nothing more than to do everything in my power to help this vision become a reality. keep up all your wonderful work and let me know of anything i can do to help. one love
#
We're down to support the cause!
#
The pristine colors that keep the north shore unique from the south is beyond words. The freedom to walk along the north shore past the Turtle bay Hilton will be destroyed as well as Kawela bay.
Give Hawaii back to "Hawaiians" and get the foreign investers out.
It worked in Tahiti, it can happen to the north shore. Mahalo
#
I'm sure there are new significant impacts-traffic being one of them that should force a new (supplemental EIS). Relying on old information is pure laziness and a sneaky way to get development through without the proper scrutinization from the public.
#
Stop the REVOLTING development! Enough is enough already, I hate seeing my islad be destroyed this way. Mahalo for all of your work. Malama pono a me aloha aina!
#
Good Work. I will send a donation too. The enironmental impats the Kewala bay would be disastrous. The traffic would be insane. The country would be ruined by that kind of senseless impact. Hope that there can be a resoution lke that which happened at Waimea with Audobon, or like Pupekea Paumalu....