Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supporter Comments - Part 5

I support this effort to stop if not minimize the development of the North Shore. Yes! We must keep it country. Preserve the island. Keep the city in the city.
Thank you for this website and getting out this important message!
#
Good Luck battling the greedy developers that are invading and destroying a truly beautiful and delicate part of this world.

Malama Ka 'Aina!!!
#
We must give back. My few trips to the north shore have provided me with the respect and great times that I will support and help your efforts to protect this awesome place.
#
North Shore needs this organization for life!
#
Nice to see a group with their hearts in the right place for a change, looking out for the 'aina that has no voice of its own. Life should definitely be so much more than making as much money as you can regardless of the consequences. It's what the North Shore LACKS in infrastructure that makes it such a unique and special place on an island of so much concrete and steel, and I for one would love to keep it that way. Keep up the great work.
#
Why fix something that isn't broke. The rural life of the North Shore will be gone if these hotels are built. This is like the mall they wanted to build. WHY? For more money they have plenty. For more hotel rooms? They can't rent the ones they have.
#
I appreciate all that you are doing to preserve the rural nature of the North Shore. Keep up the good work. Mahalo nui loa.
#
Mahalo for your hard work!
#
stop devolpment and boot any ideas to make more, it already takes 30 mins to get to waimea on the weekend
#
The whole idea of this developement is outrageous. We have problems (water, sewer,traffic,etc,) with the amount of developement currentlly on this island. More is not better!
#
I can't believe what I am reading on the front page of today's Advertiser: "Turtle Bay expansion tentatively approved" THIS MUST BE STOPPED!
#
We have a house at Malaekahana. we do not want to see this rapid development of the area. No to Time Shares!!!
#
No more country expansion!!!
#
I worked at Turtle Bay when the last enviromental impact study was done.The population has doubeled and tourism on the North Shore has quadrupeled in the last twenty years.I own a home on the Nortth Shore that will probably increase in value if they "sell" the Nortth Shore but it won't be worth it if you can't get home.The last time I went to town on a weekend it took me as long to drive from Kuhio Beach in Honolulu to Haleiwa as it took to drive from Haleiwa to my house.45 minutes from town and 45 minutes from Haleiwa to Sunset Beach.Traffic is OBVIOUSLY A HUGE PROBLEM!The other problem will arise when the locals and tourists all need to evacuate due to any disaster.We are already facing a big problem getting thousands of people up Pupukea for a tsunami (which is right where they already wanted to put a mall!).Someone who lives up here on the North Shore needs to be involved in educating to people making decitions,they obviously don't understand our problems from t urtles to tourists.If the powers to be want to see a part of the island where the tourists wil end up being treated like crap they shoud definatly continue on the current course and the hell with what the residents think!!!
#