Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I Was WRONG, Mike Magaoay WINS!!!

My only political prediction of the entire election proved to be quite wrong. Mike Magaoay defeated Carol Philips by about the same margin of the previous two elections. I was pretty sure Carol would win based on money, Union friends and her single issue No Way Turtle Bay campaign.

But, perhaps I should just stick to writting thought provoking posts.

My first take this morning is that despite maybe picking up the promised union votes and the radical enviromentalist vote, she turned off a lot of other people who had voted for her before by carrying such a hard line anti Turtle Bay stance.

I'll say it again, I know a LOT of people who support Turtle Bay because Turtle Bay puts bread on their table or on the table of someone they break bread with often. Sure they don't put signs up, have bumper stickers, scream at the community meetings or protest FOR Turtle Bay. But they sure did vote.

Re: I Was WRONG, Mike Magaoay WINS!!!

HEY LETS GET THE SUPPORTERS OUT THERE! ITS SO TRUE. THERE ARE MANY GREAT OPPERTUNITIES WITH GROWTH. WHY KEEP THE PEOPLE IN KAHUKU DOWN. I KNOW WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE. STOP GIVING THE RADICALS ALL THE VOICE. I KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT CAN HELP OUT WITH THE WHOLE SITUATION BUT ARE NOT TOO SURE SINCE THERE IS SO MUCH PROTEST AGAINST IT. LETS SHOW THEM THAT THERE IS A NEED AND WANT. LET IT BE THE PEOPLES VOICE AND NOT SOME CRAZED SAVE THE TREE,SEA,TURTLE,AIR,GRASS, AND ALL THAT JAZZ PEOPLE BE HEARD. ITS THE MOTHERS,FATHERS,SISTERS,KAPUNAS,BROTHERS, AND OHANA'S BE HEARD!