Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice Ad, You Guys Should Go In To The Used Car Business.

I checked out the "ad" - http://keepthenorthshorecountry.org/Images/Kawela%20Ad.pdf

that Keep The North Shore Country put together for Surfing Magazine. It is a beautiful picture of a perfectly pristine, undeveloped Kawela Bay that is part of Turtle Bay Resort.

The NTNSC ad is just like an ad for a used car that might not tell the whole story.

Take a look at the picture.
How convenient that the right side (Haleiwa side) of Kawela Bay is not shown. Why did they do that? It is because there are houses on the shoreline on that side of the bay. Very neatly cropped out of the picture so as to not let the truth interfere with the message.
The photo is shot a perfect angle so all you see is the tops of the ironwoods and not the golf course that is behind the trees on the left side of the photo.
Also, the "massive hotel" at Turtle Bay is no where to be seen in this ad.
Kamehameha Hwy does not exist in this ad.
As a matter of fact, it looks like humans have never ever even been to this part of the North Shore if you look at this ad. Hint if you had cropped just a little more off the right side of the photo you could have made the COMSAT radars disappear as well.
Gee I wonder given those things mentioned above if there is even a remote possibility that KTNSC might (GASP!!!) have used PhotoShop in a shot like this?
My suggestion to KTNSC is to approach Turtle Bay and sell them this photo so they can use it for their own advertising. It is such a beautiful picture of a perfect resort on a perfect day with perfect conditions, with perfect everything. I personally have never seen the water in Kawela Bay so perfectly clear. AMAZING.

This is another example of the "distortions" that this bunch is putting out there.

Open questions to those who oppose Turtle Bay

- Why do you have to stoop to lying and distortions in your opposition to their plans?

- Does the truth of what Turtle Bay has done or is trying to do not suit your story?

Re: Nice Ad, You Guys Should Go In To The Used Car Business.

Why so much bitterness, anonymous blogger? Every grumpy note you write reveals something about yourself and your motivations.

Are you upset because nobody agrees with you? Or are you nervous that the expansion project is not going to happen? Can you share some insider information?

Feel free to keep revealing yourself in this forum. All points of view are welcome.

Gil

Gil, why not address the allegations instead of pointing the finger? Do you think your ad is an accurate reflection of the situation at Kawela Bay. I am saying you are being deceiving, are you saying you are not?

If your case is so strong, why not use facts instead of hysteria?

Your turn.

Except for adding the text, the photo is not doctored in any way. The North Shore is, indeed, heaven on earth.

We will have to agree to disagree on what to leave our children: open space or expanded resort accommodations and unmitigated traffic hell. Can't we be agreeable while disagreeing?

My motivations are pure and honest; I do this for love. I receive no compensation and there is no consideration of future compensation. Can you say the same, anonymous blogger?

Until you reveal your identity, job description, and personal stake in the resort expansion, there is nothing more to say.

Gil

I know in your heart you believe in what you are doing. I've watched you for years protesting everything on the North Shore including for gosh sakes - surf contests.

I make no money from Turtle Bay. Can you honestly say there is an opportunity for someone to oppose you, your people and your agendas without any recriminations? If so, I'd consider saying who I am. But if you can't be assured that my family will not be slandered, shunned, harassed or attacked, I remain anonymous. I've been to the meetings when your friends screamed at the Shark's Cove people, the Turtle Bay people, the surfing contest people.

Go ahead and tell me the opponants to any development on the North Shore are reasonable, peaceful, non grafitti spewing, honest people.

You in your heart believe what is right and you will do ANYTHING and say ANYTHING to get your way. To you it is war and war is not fair.

It is your collective hypocrisy that galls me. Read my other posts and you'll see.