Keep the North Shore Country Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Keep the North Shore Country Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's Mother's Day - LET'S PROTEST

I am not sure if Keep The North Shore Country has reached a new "high" or a new "low" with their planned fund raiser/protest at Waimea Falls Grill on Mother's Day.

KTNSC convinced the Waimea Falls Grill to donate a portion of their Mother's Day Brunch receipts to the KTNSC.

This fund raiser is genius by KTNSC. They are going to be able to "get over" on a gigantic unsuspecting paying public.

We all know what happens on Mother's Day - totally crowded restaurants, long lines with stressed out fathers, tired grand and great grandmothers, sugar loaded kids who are nuts from waiting to eat, long car drives, Mom's who obviously 100% love what is going on.

So, this is THE DAY that Keep The North Shore Country thinks that people are going out to willfully spend money to support their anti-capitalistic cause.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a deceptive, insensitive exploitation of a Holiday that should be about Mom, Grand Mom and Great Grand Mom?

KTNSC and Waimea Falls Grill are undermining Mother's Day with a bunch of political crap.

They should put a banner out on Kam Hwy saying "Mother's Day Is A Political Fund Raiser!"

Be honest, let everyone know that Brunch is a money grab for KTNSC.

So, Waimea Falls Grill and Keep The North Shore Country, are you going to tell all the people who make reservations and show up that their money is going to those who are trying to put Turtle Bay out of business?

I love Mother's Day and Waimea has been one of the places that I have let my children, nieces, nephews and grand children take me on Mother's Day. I've also been to Turtle Bay, Haleiwa Cafe, Haleiwa Joe's, Crouching Lion, Jameson's and the many other versions of North Shore restaurants.

The one place I will definitely NOT be going this year is Waimea Falls Grill.

Excuse me, but is this stunt one of the cheesiest and sleaziest things ever?

How many of the people who go to a normally crowded Brunch will realize that a portion of their money would be going to a bunch of people who are suing Turtle Bay, trying to get legislation passed with the intent to destroy Turtle Bay, staging protests against Turtle Bay and basically doing anything they can to wreck Turtle Bay's business plan?

Are Chet and Gil going to let everyone know who is making a reservation that a portion of their check will be going to an organization that opposes the goals of the employers of over 700 North Shore people?

Is a portion of their bill tax deductible? Is Keep The North Shore Country a non profit 501c3?

So nice going Waimea Falls Grill and Keep The North Shore Country. You have politicized Mother's Day for your own selfish purposes. You will be duping people in to filling your coffers on a day they might have no clue about your plans.

I think you should take this idea further and have fund raisers at Waimea Falls Grill during Easter Brunch, Christmas, Father's Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Prince Kuhio Day, Martin Luther King's Day, Lincoln's Day, Halloween, Good Friday!!! How about at the Eddie??!!!

Go ahead and fool people in to supporting your dubious cause. After all it is only the truth and integrity at stake here. Go ahead collect money, lie, ruin people's businesses because you think you are right.

I got this tip from someone up at Turtle Bay. I heard that Turtle Bay has supported Waimea Falls Grill with lots of donations including furniture and some pretty large events for Turtle Bay staff. Also, it has been a favorite destination of the North Shore Chamber of Commerce - a PRO business group.

With friends like Waimea Falls Grill it is going to be hard to extract all the large knives from Turtles Bay's back.

Re: It's Mother's Day - LET'S PROTEST

We are always looking for good venues to fundraise, Anonymous Blogger. Would you be willing to sponsor us for an event at your hotel?

As for businesses - and the public - stepping up to support Keep the North Shore Country, has it not occured to you that maybe everyone really does support our efforts?

Gil, the vast majority of people in Kahuku, Laie and Haula do not support your efforts.

Don't beleive me? Check out the cars at Laie Foodland, the schools and neighborhoods. Keep The Country Country and Keep The North Shore Country stickers are very rare over in our brown part of town. You should come on over some time.

The Mormons believe in private enterprise so you don't see the stickers in Laie.

Nice try.

Happy Protest err I mean Mother's Day.

I agree with Katye! Also, if you don't believe in the fundraiser then why don't you focus all your worked up energy on something else that is positive instead of posting a message bashing a non profit organization that is doing something constructive for our island and its citizens. Furthermore, if your going to have enough guts to actually post a message bashing the website your posting on, you should have enough guts to also use your real name.

I think your wrong that EVERYBODY is against Turtle bay, that they are trying to ruin Turtle Bay, that they hate Turtle Bay. I have nothing against the resort as it is. But I am against an expansion plan of exaggerated proportion that doesn't take into account it's neighbors and their quality of life. An expasion plan that is so irresponsible that it ignores the massive traffic problems, the water shortages, the garbage overloads and the destruction of rural vistas and ancient burial sites. These problems are not a product of the Turtle Bay Resort, they are a product of the arrogance of Oaktree Capitol, the owners of the Turtle Bay Resort.
So I say, if you're against the Mothers Day Brunch at Waimea Falls Park then don't go. But stop whing like a little boy who's bike has just been stolen...by a girl...

Whitney, Katye and Gil, you all make some interesting points.

Whitney, I am bashing a group (I am not sure if they are non profit) who, in my opinion is doing something DESTRUCTIVE to our Island and the North Shore. Also, how could you agree with Katye when she posted after you. Perhaps you have some disclosure issues as well. I choose to remain anonymous because opinions like mine are not well tolerated by some not so nice people on the North Shore. I accept your "chicken" label, I would not want anything to happen to me or my family. Remember we live in a place where people punch each other over waves.

Katye, the people who are at Keep The North Shore Country have filed lawsuits, organized protests, tried to get legistation passed, have harassed Turtle Bay employees, and more. If you think they are nice people, so be it, but their actions indicate an extremely hostile group. Have you seen the Paumalu Press? Nice things in that publication - you can see why I grieve for my friends and relatives at Turtle Bay. I did not go to the Brunch and I was trying to point out the hypocrisy and exploitive nature of this "fund raiser". If you did not get that, than you did not read the original post very closely.

Gil, for once, why not address the issues I bring up in my posts instead of saying I work for Oaktree, nyah, nyah, nyah. Again, I do not work for Oaktree, but you can say I believe in an expanded Turtle Bay and I do not believe in your organization's intimidating obstructionist ways. My beef with your tactics goes back well before Oaktree was even on the North Shore. I was hoping for more intellect from you.

Please explain to me how leaving our beautiful island the way it is now is considered destructive. We are already over developed as it is and adding more development would be the only destructive action. Your point makes no sense.

As for agreeing with Katye, she was on this site while I was at her house and I read her point before posting mine and it turned out I posted before her. I had no intention of becoming a "blogger" on this site, but all it took was for me to read all of the horrible points you were making about an organization I am active in that is working so hard to preserve our native land. Do you have no respect for our aina and its history or are you just a selfish outsider who is somehow going to make money off of this development? Where has your respect gone? The fact that I posted my blog before her's is beside the point.

I totally agree with everything that Toegee is saying....also...fund raising for what? How do you all intent to come up with 650million dollars plus? Come on and give it a rest already.

Who are you to say that the money cannot be raised? Furthermore, instead of just agreeing with Toegee, you could find out about our group and realize what we are actually fundraising for. Maybe then you will understand what is going on first hand and not just agreeing with someone who obviously does not care about our island and its well being.