Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PAULINE COOK

I have just received word that Pauline Cook, retired teacher from Welch High and Mount View High, passed away on Wednesday, December 31st. Burial will be at Woodlawn Cemetery today. May God Bless Pauline.

Re: PAULINE COOK

I remember Ms. Cook. She was every place at once - fast moving~! Always a smile on her face. Seems that a generation is about to move totally out of our lives...

Re: PAULINE COOK

PAULINE C. COOK

Died Friday, January 2, 2009

Pauline June Cox Cook, 81, of 1702 Plantation Drive, died Friday, Jan. 2, 2009, at Memorial Hospital in Martinsville.

She was born in Kyle, W.Va. on June 3, 1927, to Paul Cox and Mabel Slusher Cox. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Edward Lee Cook, and a daughter, Clelia Cook Hylton.

A graduate of Welch High School in Welch, W.Va., she received a bachelor's degree in education from Radford University and a master;s degree in guidance from Marshall University in Huntington, W.Va.

She taught English in the McDowell County School System for more than 35 years and retired as a guidance counselor from Mount View High School in Welch.

She was a member of tghe First Baptist Church in Welch, where she was the organist for 38 years. She was a member of the Chaminade Music Club, the Library Board and the Delta Kappa Gamma, all in Welch.
'
Surviving are her sister, Linda Cox Jackson of the home in Collinsville; and one granddaughter.

The funeral wil be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Norris Funeral Services with Dr. Tilden Bridges officiating.

A graveside serve and burial will be at 3 p.m. Monday at Woodlawn Memorial Park in Bluewell, W.Va.

The family will receive friends at Norris Funeral Services from 5 to 7:30 p.m. today and other times at the home.

Memorials may be made to Smith Memorial United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 1081, Collinsville, Va. 24078

Re: Re: PAULINE COOK

I was so sorry to hear of Pauline's passing.
She was more family to us than just a friend.
She was always someone you could go to and talk to in private,and it stayed their.

Linda, was such a devoted sister to Pauline, they were very close sister's.
I know Linda will deeply miss her.
We all went to First Baptist Church in Welch, sang in the choir, we always had a blast, Many of the Choir have gone on to be with Jesus now, and Paulne ,I'm sure was met by all those members of the choir.

She was a wonderful Lady.
God's Blessing's
Debbie

Re: Re: PAULINE COOK

I was so sorry to hear about Mrs. Cook. I remember her as our guidance counselor. She was so friendly and nice and took a special interest in all of us. She was certainly an important part of WHS.