Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Connie Linkous

Received an email from Nancy this morning that Connie passed away early this am. The plans are incomplete, but they are having a memorial service in Greensboro on Friday and in Welch on Saturday. For those of us that had her for a teacher, I'm sure we would all agree that she was the best! Having her as a family member was also enriching.
WHS lost 2 great teachers in one week's time-Connie and Pauline Cook. God Bless them.
Judy

Re: Connie Linkous

My prayers go out to my cousins, Otie,Martha, and Nancy.
I did'nt have Connie in high school, but always heard what a great teacher she was.

She will be missed, she now is with her beloved husband Dr.Otie Linkous, walking the streets of gold.

God Bless and much love,
Debbie

Re: Re: Connie Linkous

I will always remember her for introducing "The Canterbury Tales" to us early in our schooling. Most didn't get to the until their Senior year - even today I find that to be true - that along with Harry Potter~! Mrs. Linkous you were one of the best - and Welch had a lot of great teachers. Weren't we all just so priviledged to have had some many wonderful teachers in our lifetime... Mrs. Linkous was ~"intense"~ so when she smiled ya knew she meant it...