Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welch Elem Students from 50's

I taught at Welch Elem from 1970's until 2002, and I have in my possession four Christmas posters colored by previous Welch Elem. students---I'm guessing from the 50's--probably grade three, four, five, or possibly even six. I found them in my room when I first began teaching there, and at that time the rooms often had such things from many years prior. I'd love to find the people who colored them if you are still around; One was done by "Stewart", one by "Barbara", one by "Daniel", and one did not have a name on it. If this "rings a bell" with anyone, please let me know. I know this s a long shot, but I thought someone may recall working on these and may even like to have them.......They were carefully done. The paper is of regular weight, the scenes were commercially drawn and were colored by the students, and each measures approx. 18 x 24 inches.

Re: Welch Elem Students from 50's

Follow-up on my first posting. It is possible the Christmas scenes were done by students in the 60's; Also, I realize elem. students actually went to classes "on the hill" with the older students until later in the 50's.
Interesting personal note: My husband (Russell Howlett Rice) went to elem school "on the hill"...then, years later when I was teaching at Welch Elem. with his fourth grade teacher, she still had Christmas pics the students had drawn at least twenty years earlier and one of them was his. So each Christmas when I hang our children's and grandchildren's Christmas art, Russ's fourth grade drawing of the nativity scene is right up there with them!
Happy New Year to all.........