Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of Sharon Jenkins Thorold, WHS class of 1964

Sharon passed away the first day of 2009. She and her brother, Victor (class of '61), attended our all-60s reunion last August. I'm so glad we had that opportunity to visit with her. If anybody wants Victor's address or phone number, let me know. I do not know if the sister and other brother mentioned in the obituary (below) attended WHS.

The online obituary includes a recent picture of Sharon and a web page where you can post condolences.
------
SHARON WILMA THOROLD
Springport, MI age 62, passed away January 1, 2009 in Eaton Rapids. Sharon was born January 17, 1946 in Carswell, WV, the daughter of Hobert and Sally (Smith) Jenkins. She loved to play Bingo and Keno. Preceded in death by her sister-in-law, Barbara Jenkins, Sharon is survived by her husband, Thomas of 12 years; children, Michael "Robbie" Friday of Springport, Roger “Alan” Friday of Parma; Shanda (Steven) DeFily of Sandwich, Il, Kimberly (Randy) Penix of Brooklyn, MI, 2 step-sons, Thomas (Vicky) Thorold of Case City, Dean Thorold of Marlette; 13 grandchildren, Alyssa & Nathan Friday, Kaula, Bayleigh & Marinna Friday, Vinnie, Joe, Victoria, Rose, Antonio DeFily, Ryan, Mike & Nick Penix,; 1 great granddaughter, Ava Penix; 2 brothers, Victor Jenkins of Leslie and Clarence (Josephine) Jenkins of VA; 1 sister, Loice (Dwight) Houck of Jerome, MI; several nieces & nephews; her dog, Kady and her cat, Jellybean.

Re: Death of Sharon Jenkins Thorold, WHS class of 1964

I just learned of Sharon's death from my good friend and classmate, Betty Chaos Rice. Sharon was a terrific person, and I'm so glad we got to talk at the Sensational Sixties reunion in Aug. This is just all so sad.....we've lost way too many of our class. I did get on the website for the funeral home, and left a condolence message.
Our deepest sympathy to Sharon's family.....Elinor & Sandy Bright