Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Florida luncheon

Before I go, I must thank Donnie publicly for being such a good friend and for being so sneaky.
We had our Welch High Florida luncheon last Thursday.
Donnie has taken over the scheduling of these luncheons, although she has been very much behind the scenes when I was playing the host. She did not include me in the list of addressees when she sent out the invitations, so that I would not know what she was up to. The theme of the luncheon was a tribute to me. She had contacted everyone and asked them to send a card, or a note to her, but addressed to me, which was presented to me at the luncheon. She also presented me with two cowboy shirts, one for me and one for my wife. She included a note that said that we could not go to Texas without some cowboy clothes. I consider myself very lucky to have such a friend. I will miss my friends very much, but thank heaven we have the Welch High School web site, thanks also to Donnie. If I were single and 40 years younger, I would compete with Ray for her.
MY CUP RUNNETH OVER -
THANKS DONNIE. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, AND I WILL NOT LET YOU FORGET ME.

Re: Florida luncheon

Norm, you will surely be missed at our luncheons. You were so instrumental in getting this started. It has been so nice to connect with so many WHS alumni.
Thanks Again!!