Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mr. Joe Sinicrope - former WHS Teacher

Posted is a nice picture of him in the Bluefield Daily Telegaph.

PRINCETON — Joseph Sinicrope Sr., 71, of Undercliff Terrace, Princeton, formerly of Kimball, died Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at Princeton Community Hospital following a short illness.Born July 5, 1937, at Kimball, he was the son of the late Frank Joseph Sinicrope Sr. and Vincenzina Priolo Sinicrope.Joe was a graduate of Welch High School Class of 1955 and received his Bachelors of Science Degree in Accounting from Concord College in Athens in 1959. Joe was a devoted educator, having taught at Welch High School until 1969. In 1969, he was named Teacher of the Year. In 1970, he accepted a position with the McDowell County Board of Education; he served as the Financial Director for the County until his retirement in 1989. During this time, Joe authored several publications for the State Board of Education and assisted in developing the state budget for the WV Board of Education.While living in Kimball, Joe was an active member of the Kimball Rotary Club and had served as its President. Upon moving to Princeton, Joe was a member of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church.In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his son, Joseph Sinicrope, Jr. in 1984.Joe was a devoted family man, loving and kind, always willing to help those in need.Those left to cherish is memory: His loving and caring wife of 25 years, Dorothy Ann Burks Sinicrope. His devoted daughter, Rosemary Mitchell and husband Johnny of Princeton. His two adoring granddaughters, Christine Flanigan and husband Jeremy, Catherine Mitchell; and the apple of his eye, his great-grandson, Joseph Flanigan. Siblings, Dr. Theodora Sinicrope, Dr. Rose Sinicrope and husband Dan Bellittiere all of Greenville, N.C., Dr. Pat Sinicrope and wife Jan of Davie, Florida, Frank J. Sinicrope and wife Cheryl of Princeton. His nephews and nieces, Daniel Earl Farmer, Brent, Ross, Joey, Candace and Alex Sinicrope, Carol Payne, Ronald Mills, Sonny Stapleton, Sherry Johnson, Bertha Epperson, Vickie Mullins, Chris Lester, Eric and Joey Dotson, Kara Beth Dotson, Tara Lester and Caleb Dotson. And his aunt, who he dearly loved, Gladys Sinicrope of Princeton.A Mass of Resurrection will be held 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 14, 2009 from the Sacred Heart Catholic Church on Harrison Street in Princeton with Concelebrant Father Paul Wharton and Father Paulose Manickathan. Entombment will follow in the Chapel of the Wildwood Mausoleum, Roselawn Cemetery, Princeton.A time of gathering and sharing with the family will be held from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Friday at the Memorial Funeral Directory on the Athens Road in Princeton. A Christian Wake service will be held at 8:00 p.m. on Friday evening at the funeral home.In lieu of flowers, gifts can be made to the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 507 Harrison Street, Princeton, WV 24740 or Tender Mercy Food Pantry. P.O. Box 669, Princeton WV 24740.Members of the family and friends will serve as pallbearers.The Honor of Serving the Sinicrope family has been given to the Memorial Funeral Directory and Cremation Center on the Athens Road in Princeton.
Published in the Bluefield Daily Telegraph on 3/13/2009

Re: Mr. Joe Sinicrope - former WHS Teacher

My heart goes out to the Sinicrope family. He was a great typing teacher and I did manage to get 40 wpm by the end of my first year which I think he was in doubt. I will never forget those old manual Royal and Underwood typewriters we had. God speed Mr Sinicrope.