Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of Brenda Mulkey

Just had an email this morning regarding the death of Brenda Mulkey formerly of Davy. Does anyone have further info?

Re: Death of Brenda Mulkey

I knew a Brenda Mulkey from Capels. Her parents was Lola & Jay they lived by the church in the bottom. She had a brother Larry which is deceased.

I did call Brenda's home Friday. Her brother-in-law informed me Brenda had passed. Brenda was a 1971 grad of WHS. When ever she walked into a room, the room would glow with her laughter and smile.
I'll miss you, my friend.

Brenda Mulkey from Capels passed away about 10 years ago. She was a very good friend, we were both class of '67.

RJ, I remember the Mulkeys very well, or as well as I can remember anything anymore.

Brenda graduated with me in the class of 1967. I had heard that she passed away several years ago. She was married to a guy named Wally---I can't remember her married name.

This Brenda Mulkey was from Davy and was a hairdresser in Welch for a number
of years. I worked with her at Style Beauty Shop and she was a lovely person. She had a beauty shop in her home in in Wilcoe. Was married to a Dale Roberts.

I grew up with Brenda in Capels. She was not from Davy. She married Wally Dunbaker. Her daughter was on the site once asking if anyone knew her mother personally. Perhaps that inquiry may still be in the missing person section on the site. Sorry I don't remember her name.

Brenda Mulkey, from Davy area, graduated with the class of 1971. There is another Brenda Mulkey deceased from the class of 1967.
The Class of 1971 sends our sincere condolences to the Mulkey family.

This Brenda Mulkey was married to a man by the name of John Arnold, they divorced and Brenda married a man with the last name of Roberts.
Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for clearing this up. I felt sure Brenda, who passed away last week,
was the girl I worked with in Welch and was from Davy. Deepest sympathy to
the family.

I remember them very well also as they were family (Uncle Jay and Aunt Lola)... Brenda and I played everyday - all day. Oh, by the way, that wasn't me replying to your posting...

I am the cousin of Brenda....Also the daughter of Carolyn Sue Mowdy class of 1964 (deceased). Brenda was from Davy. She was the daughter of Charles and Claudine Mulkey. Sister of Shirley Mulkey Hunt who still resides in Davy. Brenda passed away of Ovarian Cancer.

The 2 Brendas made this post a little confusing for some. I contacted Brenda Mulkey Dunbaker's daughter Christie after her post, and have enjoyed several emails from her, as well as photos of her family. She's a lovely young lady, and looks a lot like Brenda.

I am her daughter. She died when I was just 18 years old and she had a very rough life unfortunately over the last decade. I have peace knowing that everything, for the most part, was made right again-at least for most of our little family. Unfortunately I do not know my other family members I am now aware I still have. I was close with aunt Paula but I learned of her passing shortly after my husband and I connected with her for lunch and so many stories and memories that were graciously shared and still very much treasured! I would love to learn more. Although she is high above in Heaven, I know she still is very close and sent me my very own angel who married me and has been through better and worst and sickness and health. I've been very sick but somehow this man has stayed by my side through it all! She has a gorgeous grandson, 16, and an elite baseball player on his 6 A HS team as well as the traveling all-star select team. He carries her care free attitude and " take things as they come " lifestyle! I never knew she worked in a beauty store, but she grew up in Welch and married Walt Dunbaker.
She was a figure roller skater and so beautiful. Today is her birthday and I took the opportunity to get my son from school in the middle of the day to enjoy her memories and keep me in good spirits unlike the anniversary of her death day. But to be honest, she was in so much pain, emotionally and mentally about her broken family than an illness. As a matter of fact, she died of an aneurism in horrible circumstances.
Just wanted to settle some of the uncertain ways of her life and death that of course you couldn't know unless you were told. And I am so very sorry to learn of family I have and she had that meant so much to you all and her from reading your posts, that I didn't reach out far enough to have you say your goodbyes. If anyone would like anymore information, or let me know what family I am sadly missing from my life, please feel free to text me or email me or call me. There are so many details you don't know, for her life and death is a story to fill a novel.
Thank you for allowing me to feel love on this difficult day and I sicncerely hope I do hear from at least some of you if not all!
My email is: skeetport@gmaiil.com and can text me at 601-946- 3707 ( cell) or the house, if you wish to speak: 601-856-0754. I don't usually just hand out numbers to virtual strangers but in this case any response would not only be welcomed but highly anticipated! God bless, Christie