Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recent Pictures Of Welch

Here's a video with some recent pictures of Welch I took that some may want to see.

Re: Recent Pictures Of Welch

Absolutely love the pictures! "Hubby" and another former Coalwood resident, (Jerry Hatmakeer) are in Coalwood/Caretta today doing "Cemetery Research" and interviews for another series of books due to be published in the next few months. (If David slowed down, I'd have to fire him at home.... )

Thanks for looking, Rhonda! David is following his passion.

These are outstanding photos, especially the night scenes. Competition for Robert Kincaid! I enjoyed this so much. Thanks for sharing, Betty (formerly of Tidewater/Kimball)

Thank you, Betty. I am a huge fan of night shots, so I do a lot of them. Thanks for looking.

Alan,
These photos are great. They are beautiful and they are also an important documentation of the city of Welch as it is today. Your creative juices continue to flow in different directions. Thanks for sharing these photos with everyone.
Steve Date

Steve Date
Alan,
These photos are great. They are beautiful and they are also an important documentation of the city of Welch as it is today. Your creative juices continue to flow in different directions. Thanks for sharing these photos with everyone.
Steve Date
Steve, that was an honor coming from you! Thank you so very much.

Ya got a good eye Alan.

Rhonda Goad
Absolutely love the pictures! "Hubby" and another former Coalwood resident, (Jerry Hatmakeer) are in Coalwood/Caretta today doing "Cemetery Research" and interviews for another series of books due to be published in the next few months. (If David slowed down, I'd have to fire him at home.... )

Deborah Christian Leder
Rhonda Goad

Mike Zuchick
Ya got a good eye Alan.
Thanks, Mike.

Alan,
Wonderful pictures and music, thanks for the trip down memory lane!!

You are welcome, Melody! Good to hear from you again.

Cathead,

Like everyone else, I really enjoyed the pictures. That old Pure station brings back a lot of memories for us "Browns Creek" boys. That was the Primo hitchhiking spot to get up Stewart Street. I especially enjoyed seeing Welch "glow" at night. It reminds of Christmas Eve and going to Midnight Mass at St. Peter's. The shots of that corner are also awsome. Our priest, Fr. Harry Ryan, used to call it "Holy Corner" with 4 churches right there. I guess many of us going by there to go "On The Hill" needed those on some particularly "testy" days!

Thanks again. You keep this website exciting.

P.S. - I think Tenessee Ernie Ford would appreciate your rendition of "Sixteen Tons". I know I did!

Roy Morgan
Class of '69

Roy Morgan
Cathead,

Like everyone else, I really enjoyed the pictures. That old Pure station brings back a lot of memories for us "Browns Creek" boys. That was the Primo hitchhiking spot to get up Stewart Street. I especially enjoyed seeing Welch "glow" at night. It reminds of Christmas Eve and going to Midnight Mass at St. Peter's. The shots of that corner are also awsome. Our priest, Fr. Harry Ryan, used to call it "Holy Corner" with 4 churches right there. I guess many of us going by there to go "On The Hill" needed those on some particularly "testy" days!

Thanks again. You keep this website exciting.

P.S. - I think Tenessee Ernie Ford would appreciate your rendition of "Sixteen Tons". I know I did!

Roy Morgan
Class of '69
Haha...thank you, Roy. You made my day. That was a great encouragement to me and I appreciate you.

I really liked this video you really captured the essence of Welch...good to see my memories in a video form....

Thank you, Gina.