Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welch photos

Thank You!!! Really great shots...I agree the night shots have a remarkable beauty and bring the old place to life. the old gasoline station at the end of Wyoming Street (was that an old Mobil station? somewhere in my memory I can see the image of their logo flying horse)never looked better. Looks as if the old Woodlawn Court Apartment building--where I spent the first 12 years of my life--is being attractively renovated. I hear the city is spending plenty on fixing up downtown Welch and bringing it back to a classy look. Please keep us posted--especially on the beautification projects.
Thanks again.

Re: Welch photos

I agree...the photos are excellent. Also, the accompanying music is fantastic! As for the old service station in the photo, I remember it as the old "PURE Oil" gas station which was managed back in the 1950's by Bert Snead and his son George. Its recent renovation to the original bright blue and white building makes it look brand new!

Thanks for helping me with the correct brand name. There were several classic filling stations in town, but the restoration on this one makes it a treasure.

If y'all are talking about my video of Welch pictures I posted in another thread I appreciate the comments. I love Welch and love taking pictures of her. If you were talking about something else then I'm embarrassed.....lol.