Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death of Phyllis Money

Phyllis Money passed away on July 4th. in Africa where she was on a mission trip with her church group. Cause of death was abdominal aortic aneurysm.

Re: Death of Phyllis Money

May God rest her soul.

Service to be at her church in Florida on Saturday July 18th according to info from Penny who was with her.

Was her maiden name Tabor?

Yes John, Phyllis Money was Phyllis Tabor who lived on Hobart Street in Welch. She married Gean Money who worked at the bank in Welch.

Thanks for the info Kathryn. I didn't know Mrs Money personally; I knew her father Strother Tabor, Sr. He was in charge of the job printing shop of the Home Office Supply Co, where I worked part time during my senior year in high school. That business was located on the first floor and basement of the Harah Apt. building (since razed with adjacent apt bldgs) on Elkhorn Street. A few of you may remember the Nigro brothers Felix and Joe who also worked there. Joe gave his life in WW-II when his plane was on a bombing run over Germany. Felix now lives in Bluefield.
I hope that you are doing well Kathryn.

I worked for Strother and Trigg Tabor after they moved to what is now the Museum (I think) There was a man named Easy Money who worked on the first floor in sales. I worked downstairs with the printing presses, also in my senior year. I have recently been in contact with Joe Tabor, Trigg's son.

Samuel, Strother and Trigg Tabor were great to work for and I have fond memories of working for them. Years ago, I had a friend, Henry Gould, who was a math prof at WVU and he once mentioned to me that he had a student in one of his classes who was the son of a Trigg Tabor of Welch. I don't know if that was Joe; you might ask him sometime. I didn't know any of Trigg's children.