Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jack Meadows Death

Alan,
Just to inform you that my Uncle Jack passed away June 30 with complications from a broken hip. We had just returned from a vacation in Florida on Sun. June 21st, Jack fell on Wed., June 24th. You worked for Jack at the S & M Supermarket. He said he was so proud of you and your kids. I went online and let him listen to you and your daughters songs. We are taking Ruth back to Florida for another short vacation and we will be meeting Jessie Fly and her daughter Selma for a visit! Tell Dorothy hello from Ruth. She loved her.

Re: Jack Meadows Death

I heard this news and cried. I loved Jack. Those memories at S&M Market are so precious in my mind. Jack was so very good to me. I can hardly bear to think about it. Thank you for this post.

May God rest the Soul of Jack Meadows and Grant him Peaceful Repose and for those he left behind may they have easements to help them contend with their loss.

Veronica: I am so sorry to hear about Jack, how awful. What is Ruth doing now? Hope all is well with your family. Frankie

I am sorry to hear about your uncle
I am glad to hear from you on here
Are you on facebook
I have never forgotten you

Dear Veronica,
Sorry to hear about Jack. You may not remember but we lived next door to the Meadows on Lake Drive in Welch. I worked for Jack at S&M as a bag boy in the summers in the mid-60s. He was a good man.
My brother, David, and I also knew Tim.
I believe you and i ran a race down Lake Drive once when you were visiting Meadows!
With kind regards,
Chris Anderson

Sherry: I agree with you. Veronica was not only one of my high school teachers but was my cousin-in-law for a number of years as well. I have always had much admiration for her. She was a favorite teacher to many. Frankie

Was saddened to hear of Jack's death. My mom, Audrey Hall, worked for Jack and Sutliff at the S&M for years during the 60's and all thought the world of Jack.