Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welch Riverwalk pics

The Riverwalk in Welch is deverloping nicely. The road itself runs from the underpass on lower McDowell Street to the parking building along Tug River. The park is in about the middle. If I've done this correctly, you can see some pictures of the park at this URL. http://picasaweb.google.com/barrys73/WelchRiverwalk

which you may have to type in. Most of the park on the street side is complete, including a small amphitheater. The foot bridge to the railroad side is complete and work on the railroad side of the park is ongoing. There are benches along the river, and it's really an attractive setting. The hope is that new businesses will locate near that part of town.

Re: Welch Riverwalk pics

Thanks for the photos Blake. What a fantastic work in progress! With these pictures and Alan's pictures, it's exciting to see all the improvements taking place in the old hometown. Here's hoping the town continues such improvements to become even better in the days and years to come. Kudos to Mayor Moore and the City/County officials who are "gettin' it done" in Welch!

Sorry about the confusion on your name "Barry".

Really nice - The Riverwalk Area and Photos. New Business draw? Hope so, and pray that there are no more devastating floods. Ugh!

Here are some shots of the park at night:

You do take good pictures. I especially enjoyed the slideshow of Welch scenes on You tube. Keep up the good work.

I hope the people of Welch realize what a treasure they have in Mayor Moore and the other folks who are pushing all these great changes.
B.

Hi Tim,
I remember you. And I remember when the underpass on lower McDowell St. partially flooded a couple of times, and traffic was re-routed over the tracks. But nothing like the floods that Welch has experienced recently. Hope we never see anymore like those.
Barry

Barry Shrout
You do take good pictures. I especially enjoyed the slideshow of Welch scenes on You tube. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, Barry. I enjoy taking pictures I think too much! LOL