Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of Monte Blevins

I just received word from Monte's daughter, Patricia Bevins, That Monte passed away on Thursday, Sept. 3rd. He was instramental us the in starting the annual Hemphill-Capels reunion picnic.. No other info at this time.. He will be missed as he was a dear childhood friend.

Re: Passing of Monte Blevins

I'm sorry to hear about Montezuma, that's what I called him when we were living in Capels.
He sounded real down the last time I heard anything from him.
He was a good guy.

Blevins, Reverend Monte Lon View/Sign Guest Book

Reverend

Monte Lon Blevins

The Reverend Monte Lon Blevins, 76, of Palmyra, died Thursday, September 3, 2009, at his residence.

Born October 21, 1932, in McDowell County, West Virginia, a son of the late Larry Blevins and Viola Harper Blevins.

Monte enlisted in the United States Air Force and served 12 years of active duty. Grumman Aerospace then employed him and he worked on the Gemini and Apollo Space Program while there. He later accepted a position at the White House in Washington D.C. and served under Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.

After this tour he moved to Nelson County and became employed by Nelson Manufacturing Co. and served as the Pastor at Bethel Church of the Brethren and Fairmount Baptist Church.

He is survived by his wife of 55 years, June Butler Blevins; two sons, Larry A. Blevins and his wife, Angela, of Palmyra, and Mike D. Blevins and his wife, Tammy, of Waynesboro; one daughter, Patricia G. Blevins of Ruckersville; one sister, Anita Jano of Piney River; one brother, Robert Blevins of Nashville, Tennesse; and seven grandchildren.

A funeral service will be conducted 2 p.m. Sunday, September 6, 2009. at Bethel Church of the Brethren with Pastor Stan Ogden and the Reverend Randy Harlow officiating.

Interment will follow in the church cemetery.

The family will receive friends from 6:30 until 8 p.m. Saturday, September 5, 2009, at the funeral home.

Arrangements by Wells/Sheffield Funeral Chapel of Lovingston 434-263-4097.

Published in the Charlottesville Daily Progress on 9/5/2009
Notice • Guest Book • Send sympathy flowers • Visit the gift shop • Make a memorial contribution
Share photos, videos and more with Legacy Memorial Websites. Find out more.

May God grant Mercy and Peaceful Repose to Monty and for those who loved him easements and the knowledge that all things be in God Will and Plan.

I will truly miss Monte - he was my sister's best friend growing up and could even remember when I was just a bun in the oven~! He also remembered when I, as just a toddler,invented "STREAKING". To think that those kids in the 80's thought they had invented it~! Rest in Peace dear man... I'm sure Laura has already found you and the two of you are back to riding bicycles. Watchout for the soft clouds~!