Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2009 Veterans Day Parade in Welch, WV

I have some pictures of the Veterans Day parade in Welch on my Picasa Album. My wife, Martha Carol, took them and they are better than mine.

The album address is www.picasaweb.google.com/johnmcallaway

Re: 2009 Veterans Day Parade in Welch, WV

Thanks Michael for posting the photos on the Picasa link. And, thank you very much Martha Carol for yet another example of your outstanding work as a "photog". It's great to see this tradition honoring our veterans continue in Welch after some 90 years since it first began there! Wouldn't it be cool to see pics of that first parade in 1919?! I'd almost bet that Barbara Dawson Cassell (WHS '57) has some of those! Kudos to American Legion Post #8, the Ladies Auxillary, Welch/McDowell County community leaders, civic/social/fraternal/educational groups and ALL the parade participants for making this annual event happen.

Of course, every military veteran should be remembered and honored for his/her service to our country. And, each man and woman currently serving in our military deserves our utmost respect and sincere appreciation for their unselfish service on behalf of the United States of America. May God bless and protect them...and, may we continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers as so many continue to risk their lives even today.

a few more pictures

Mike, thanks so much for sharing your pictures.

A few more can be viewed HERE.

I've no idea who Patrick is!

Yes we do thank the Callaways and Patrick for great photos. Martha has done a beautiful job of saving our town.
Bob, I had to read your post twice. At first, I thought you were saying I may have been at the 1919 parade,LOL.

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.