Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Linda Counts Miller

Just wanted to let everybody know that our old friend and classmate, Linda Counts Miller, passed away on November 14, 2009, from a heart attack. She had been having problems for quite some time with her blood pressure and it could not be gotten under control. I didn't find out until this morning when I got a call from her daughter-in-law, although I suspected something bad had happened since she awways emailed me at least weekly and I hadn't heard from her since early November. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. Barb

Re: Linda Counts Miller

So sorry to hear this news. Several of us worked on the 1963 reunion several years ago. She was a great lady who loved her family and friends. All who knew her will miss her. God Bless her family and friends.

This is so sad. I have never met Linda in person, but we have kept in touch ever since we all started with the Internet. It is also sad for me that she never got to see the TIC TOC II. She always said, she would get here some day. may she "Rock and Roll" in heaven.

From the Jacksonville, FL, Times-Union archives:

Miller, Linda Counts - MILLER- Linda Counts Miller, of Temple, TX and formerly of Jacksonville FL, died November 14, 2009. Scanio-Harper Funeral Home, Temple, TX, 254-899-8888 ...
Published in the Florida Times-Union on 11/18/2009

I found a short notice about Linda's death on the Scanio Harper Funeral Home's website here.

The Funeral Home also provided a nice guest book for Linda's friends and family to sign.

I didn't know Linda very well in high school. However, when Virginia Swope posted that I was having several brain surgeries in 2008, she periodically sent cards and emails of well wishes...so I know she was a very caring person. So sorry.

Linda was my neighbor, my friend and class mate sorry to hear this.