Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Welch looks to repair public pool

AFTERNOON UPDATE: Welch looks to repair public pool

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

WELCH — The city of Welch is currently taking bids in order to repair the public pool at Linkous Park, according to City Attorney Danny Bari.

“We were putting in decking prior to the season and we discovered there were structural issues that needed to be addressed,” Bari said. “We did an overhaul to the pool itself prior to the season. We wanted to just put down new decking, but alas, it was not to be. We had a contractor and engineer look at the foundation. It has to be repaired due to safety issues.”

One of the pool walls needs a new foundation and the city is looking for a contractor to repair the foundation and concrete the pool deck as well as place steel support beams.

Re: Welch looks to repair public pool

My connection to the pool.

Ok.... One summer when I was about seven or eight, myself and friends were swimming in our dammed up pool in Browns creek, when a reporter from the Welch Daily news stopped by and took pictures.
Next day the paper featured a story about Welch needing a public pool, with a big picture of myself swimming in the poluted creek.
The pool was built that year.
Wish I could remember what year that was.