Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vic Nystrom

My wife had a family reunion the last of July in Lexington, KY. While driving up from Florida, We took the opportuity to stop in Princeton for the night and the next day went to Vic Nystrom's final resting place. It is a beautiful area around Bluewell, and espically were the cemetery was. When Vic passed away, my wife and I were in Florida for the New Year and didn't know of his passing, and I felt so bad that I did not attend his funeral. I got some closure visiting Vic and telling him my own personal goodbye...It was a special day. After leaving Bluewell, we drove down 52 to Welch, going past old towns that use to be so busy when the mines were operating, Keystone, Kimball, and the many other little stops that look almost deserted now...sad. We drove up to the newer Mt. View High School, then over to Coalwood, stopping by the old Stadium, then driving through downtown Welch. I noticed that have a new movie theatre. Leaving Welch, we had lunch at the Sterling Drive in, then on up the road through Pineville, Oceana, Man, Logan, South Charleston to Huntington. We stopped in Huntington and checked on our house then on to Lexington. A great heartwarming adventure I would recommend to everyone from that area....God Bless all of you .....Ron Oliver, Fernandina Beach, Florida

Re: Vic Nystrom

I am glad you had a pleasurable visit.