Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
photo album

I have some pictures of the Fab 50's Reunion held in October, the 2010 Veterans Day Parade in Welch, and the Veterans Day Luncheon if anyone might be interested.

They may be seen at www.picasaweb.google.com/johnmcallaway

Hope you enjoy them.
Mike Callaway, class of '57

Re: photo album

Hi Mike,

Thank you for those wonderful pictures of the 2010 Veteran's Day Parade in Welch. I graduated from Welch High School in 1967. My Mom still lives in Welch and I was there about a month ago to visit. I have such fond memories of the Veteran's Day Parades back in the 50s and 60s. Sometime the weather didn't cooperate but it sure was a beautiful sunny day there. Perfect weather for a parade.
Regards, Diane Salsbery

Mike, You did a great job with the pictures. Really funny quotes under the pictures for the reunion. Very funny for me :) thanks.:)

Thanks for sharing the photos. If we can't attend these events, at least you allow us to keep up on events from home. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Mike, I keep your web site saved in my favorites and can't wait until you post another series of pictures from home. I knew you would post the pictures from the 2010 Veterans Day Celebrations. (We could not attend this year.) I also appreciate how you keep up the wonderful photography postings and this surely makes us home sick!!! (lol) But at the same time we would be sad to not have this wonderful link back home. Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures from all of us home sick WV Hillbillies and knowing we all grasp the least bit of newsworthy tidbits we can that is positive from our dear home. You do that in picture form from your site. I love every picture and every caption you post! I always look forward to the next Welch event even. Thank you.