Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Kimball Kids" Reunion on July 9th, 2011

"Kimball Kids" Reunion is coming up on Saturday, July 9th, 2011. WW2 Memorial Bldg, Vivian, Tidewater, Kimball, Norwood, and Carswell memories, Churches tours, New City Hall and Firestation, Caboose, Great food at Markellas, Scale model of Kimball, a great day down memory lane, I'm bringing my camera and walking shoes, checkout the "Kimball Kids" facebook page............Regards, David Jones, WHS 63.

Re: "Kimball Kids" Reunion on July 9th, 2011

I always enjoy the pictures of this reunion...always looking for a face in the crowd I know. Which I do see lots, but I am not from Kimball. lol! I am taking this opportunity to remind you about the WHS Sensational Sixties Reunion is July 22 & 23. Hope to see you there!

Hope all the good people that live in Kimball, and that will visit Kimball for the reunion have a fantastic time. I was only in Welch for six years, graduating in 1963, then leaving for Marshall, but I will always remember the kind and wonderful people from Kimball and all of McDowell County.

Managed to stop by this year and it was the first time I had been back since I left in '74. It was great to see a couple old friends but I have to admit it was also sad to see how things have changed. So many places I remembered are either gone or boarded up. I did notice thought that when I drove by the location of the ole Chatterbox my mouth started watering for a burger!