Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dennis Perdue

Dennis Perdue, my brother, passed away Sunday June 16th. He was Welch High School class of 1958. He was a three sport star athlete at WHS and went on to play football and baseball at Concord College. He taught and coached at Gary High School for 5 years before moving to Hollywood, Florida. His teaching and coaching career there spanned another 38 years. He will be sadly missed by his family and many, many friends.

Re: Dennis Perdue

Jay, I didn't know Dennis; but, I'm sorry to read of his passing. May he now rest in peace. My sincere sympathy and condolences to you and the family for the loss of your brother.

Fellow WHS classmate Dennis was friendly and good-natured when I knew him in 1957-58. I always enjoyed his humor. A few years ago, he called me, and we talked across the continent and across the years. It was good to hear from him. Condolences to his family and friends. A little story: Dennis and I were sitting on the bench during a WHS football game in 1957. In an apparent lapse of good judgment, Coach Suba put me in the game at right tackle for one play before taking me out. "How'd I do?" I asked Dennis when I rejoined him on the sidelines. "Man, they ran right over you for 10 yards," he said with a laugh. That made me laugh, too. Dennis went on to play some serious football and was in the game for good the next year.

Jay, thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

Jay,
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We have many memories of good times with Dennis that will remain close to our hearts forever.

Blessings to Jay, and the whole family. Dennis was a dear cousin to us. Ray and Karen Powell, Ron and Sue Perdue, Ron Jr. and Amy Perdue, Brandon, Madisson, and Destiny. Our family taught us the importance of education, and hard work. Dennis represented these qualities, and passed them on to others.

I was so sorry to hear about Dennis. We emailed at least once a week and he called me several times over the last few years. I was gone out of town and was unaware he had passed away until a Welch friend let me know. He was a good guy, and is now having fun in heaven with his good buddy, Jim Amici.

I'm so sorry to hear about Dennis. I know u both and have nothing but good thoughts of u both. I played ball at Gary HS during Dennis time tome. I think Dennis and Sid Cure were the ones who got me into golf, which I still do today. Learned a lot from Dennis on playing ball.