Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Story

My 21 years in the Air Force included (5) oversees tours , Korea twice, Thailand twice and Germany. I had tours in the states to include Orlando Florida, Ft. Walton Beach Florida, Mt. Home Idaho, Goldsboro North Carolina and my present address of Davenport Iowa. After retirement in 1985 I began a career working for DOD. I spent another 21 years working for them until I retired in September of 2007.

Somewhere in my overseas tours I encountered AGENT ORANGE and have bad health with Diabetes and a Heart Condition. Recently after 45 years of marriage I lost my wife MaryAnn to Cancer. I have two children Eric and Leslie. I also have four Grandchildren, two live here and the other two out of state.

I still love music however the dancing is a problem, my feet can't seem to keep up where I tell them to go. I have played golf for over forty years and still try to play twice a week. I must admit I am also on the tail end of this sport.

My health prevents me from a lot however my mind is still good and I remember each of you and will never forget you. Stay healthy and the best of luck to all.

Tommy

Re: My Story

Thank you for sharing your life story with us. I am class of 1969, but for some reason I remember your name. I have a large family and am sure one of the Lane kids graduated with you, lol. So many folks are on Face book, including me and I find so many more classmates on FB. But wanted to say I enjoyed reading about your wonderful and interesting life since you left Welch. Pray God continues to richly bless you.