Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Save the Date - Venue Scheduled

"SAVE THE DATE"

VENUE TO BE RESERVED BY FEB. 1 AT QUALITY HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER IN BLFD FOR JULY 18, 2015.

This is Sherry Cline Belcher speaking for myself and the other committee officers: Glen Jean Tee, Cathy Jack and Susan Hardy.

We welcome all suggestions from anyone who would like to participate on the committee, as we are needing class representatives for each class. Due to the fact that Glen Jean and myself are not on FB you would need to respond by email to welchhighschoolreunion70s@yahoo.com or plan to attend the upcoming meeting on Feb. 6.

Today, I spoke with the GM at the Quality Hotel & Conference Center in order to obtain more specific details concerning reserving this venue for July 18. This is what was relayed to me....

Deposit/ballroom $300 due by Feb 1. The Bar is $100 with an additional $20/hour for each bartender with the number of bartenders depending on number of attendees. Food/buffet will be either $18.95 (2 meats 3 veggies) or $20.95 (3 meats 4 veggies). Also included for either will be 2 desserts, rolls and coffee/tea/lemonade/water. You will have to purchase soft drinks/alcoholic beverages from the cash bar. Also you will be required to show I.D regardless of age.

Social hour will be from 5-6:30 pm. Hors D'oeuvres selections will be available at that time for an additional cost of approximately $300-500 depending on number of attendees. There is an additional 18% service charge and 6% state sales tax on all above prices. The DJ is an undetermined cost at this time. All these costs will be combined to determine an averaged cost for each attendee. Example: more attendees, less cost.

The ballroom will be available to us from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. for social hour, dinner, dancing, DJ and karaoke.

Room reservations can be made at Quality Hotel & Conference Center located at 3350 Big Laurel Hwy, Bluefield, WV 24701. Phone number 304-325-6170. Ask for reservations and state that you are with the organization Welch 70s reunion for the date of July 18, 2015. There are 50 rooms reserved for us at a discounted price of $90/night plus tax. After those 50 rooms have been booked, they will open additional rooms. You may make your reservation at any time from this point forward. The maximum rooms at this hotel is 81, however there are other local hotels as well in the area.

In the past we have purchased a one night only insurance policy to cover any accidents, destruction of property, etc. Will need to get estimates for this cost as well.

Again, any questions or comments please send via email to welchhighschoolreunion70s@yahoo.com.

I, too am all for Steve Harvey attending or acknowledging in any way our upcoming reunion. I think this would be awesome.

I just want it to be understood that I have not been against the date or venue, but I just needed more detailed information, especially where costs are concerned and needed to speak with other officers in regards to this before committing. I truly appreciate the effort and time Donna Quesenberry and Sam Baker have put forth in starting the golf outing and calling around for venues in order to combine these two events into one weekend.

At the Feb. 6 committee meeting, which will be held at 5:30 pm at Sterling Drive Inn in Welch, we will be forming a committee with class representatives and then will go into more specific details surrounding the reunion weekend.

Please spread the word and classmates that you know of who may not be on social media, please send their information to the email address above so we may contact them.

I am so excited to see everyone at the reunion. Again, thanks for all your interest and help. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. Good night and God Bless.