Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Relive the music of the 60s with the WHS Class of 1965

Join the WHS Class of 1965 on August 14, 2015, for "Beehive - The 60’s Musical" being presented at the Chuck Mathena Center in Princeton. This colorful celebration of the songstresses of the 60’s showcases some of the decade’s favorite hits.

The WHS Class of 1965 will begin our 50th Reunion Celebration that night. We are inviting anyone who attended WHS from ANY year to join us at a mixer after we've seen the show. Order your $20.00 tickets from the Chuck Mathena Center online at http:www.chuckmathenacenter.org or by calling 304-425-5128. Be sure to tell them that you attended Welch High when you order your tickets. If you order online, you still need to call on the phone to let them know you are from Welch High. If you don’t do this, you will be not be able to attend the mixer. The mixer following the concert on Friday will be held in the rotunda of the Mathena Center and will provide finger food type snacks. There will be a cash bar for those interested. It will be for any WHS attendee (and guest) who attended the concert.
The WHS Class of 1965 wants to kick off our reunion by reliving "our" music and seeing our friends and fellow Maroon Waves from “on the hill.” Tickets are on sale NOW so order ASAP to insure seating.

The reunion will be a 3-day affair...August 14, 15, and 16. All events will be held at the Mathena Center.

Saturday evening we'll have a photographer take class photos and a group photo of our class military veterans. Special recognition will be given to the 30 classmate we have lost over the years and to the 50+ veterans from the Class of '65. Afterward, we'll have a catered dinner, socializing, dancing, etc.
Saturday day is open for personal adventures. Some tours of local points of interest are available, as well as golfing, shopping, and there will be time for a trip back to Welch if desired.

Sunday morning, at brunch, we'll have a memorial service for our deceased classmates, socialize a final time, and bid adieu until the next 50th graduation reunion!

Brady,
I LIKE this idea for a 60s reunion! I love Broadway shows; recently saw "The Jersey Boys" in Tampa. And yes, I'll definitely post the info ASAP.

A few ?s: What/where is the mixer? Do you have anything else planned for the w/end? Is it ok to post (on the WHS alumni website) your phone #/email address for contact info?

Donnie

To: "dskuja@yahoo.com"
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:43 AM
Subject: 1965 Reunion

Donnie,
Thank you for your offer to post info about our reunion. I think we have finally got things worked out.
It would be a huge help if you would post this on the WHS Alumni site.
Please let me know if it's a problem.
Brady

WHS Class of 1965 FaceBook page

Note: you do NOT need a facebook account to VIEW the entries, pix, etc. on the WHS Class of 1965's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/whsmaroonwaves1965

Just ignore the log-in/sign-in link and browse thru some great photos of memories from On the Hill (and the surrounding area). There are several I do not recall seeing on the web before....however, I have trouble remembering LOTs of things these days!

Note: Please let me know (or post the info here yourself) if your WHS class has a Facebook page to share with us.

MY bad!

I'm sorry part of an email exchange between Brady & me got included with the message about the show at Mathena.

I'm even sorrier that I can't figure out how to fix it. It's past my bedtime and I'm too old to be bothered by it. I hope you guys can just deal with it.

Donnie

Re: Relive the music of the 60s with the WHS Class of 1965

Donna, is there a Facebook page for the class of 1955? Thanks, Betty

Re: Relive the music of the 60s with the WHS Class of 1965

Here is the Facebook site for the Class of 1965.
https://www.facebook.com/whsmaroonwaves1965?ref=bookmarks