Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Superior-Maitland Elementary School First Grade 1946-47

I have a picture of the first-grade class of the Superior-Maitland Elementary first grade of 1946-47. I do not know how to post the picture. However, if you want a copy of the picture, email me and I will send ir attached to an email. No charge. The picture is freely copied and distributed.

Our lovely, kind teacher was Lucy Gatuso. The children in the class are listed ahead:

Superior-Maitland Elementary School First Grade, 1946-1947

Pictures are identified left to right, starting with top row. Apologies for any mistakes. My mother, Esabel Ramella, wrote the names on the back of the picture about 70 years ago. Some of these children were members of the Welch High School class of 1958.

(A personal note. Lucy Jo Goodman was my first-grade girlfriend and moved to Virginia before second grade began. Where are you, Lucy?)

Top, First row: Teacher Lucy Gatuso (soon to become Mrs. Lucy Muscatella), Richard Dino Ramella, Frances Roberts, Frankie Stallard, Christine Henderson, Richard Taylor, Linda Kay Smith, Autry Lee Cox, Lena Mae Smith, Willis Woods

Second row: Donald Belcher, Norma Knea, Jimmy Ray Wesley, Vinida Keene, George Harris, Frances Shown

Third row: Martha Sue Belcher, Donald Mayhew, Lucy Jo Goodman (Dino Ramella’s first-grade girlfriend; Where are you, Lucy Jo?), William Timmons, Patsy Ruth Walker, Lonnie Timmons, Wanda Bishop, Billy Fred Duff, Frances Brady, James Lester

Fourth row: Jimmy Owens, Betty Jean Altizer, Jimmy Eggers, Margaret Hendricks, Fornia (Forney?) Milam, Iza Scarberry, Betty Jones, Raye Bowers

Fifth row: Jimmy Smith, Walter Belcher, George Blevins, Wayne Callahan, Afton Patton, John Hood.

Tracy Stitt was absent from school on picture day.