Return to Website

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall

Maroon Wave Assembly Hall - (refresh page to remove popup ads)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The site is dead long live the site.

I have come to the decision to delete the site from my favorites as I suppose facebook, twitter and other social media have rung the death knell for the Maroon Wave Assembly Hall. I haven't seen many posts from my class (55) in many months and what I have seen otherwise are far from my memories. If any of my generation happens to read this I wish you well in the remains of the day.

Re: The site is dead long live the site.

I continue to use this site regularly and do find the WHS site to be valuable. Donnie, please continue to maintain this site. Thank You. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Thank You. I've no intention of discontinuing this website...or the message board. However, I do miss seeing more posts from folks. Write sometimes just to let us all know you are still alive and kicking.
As for me I'm still in sunny (& finally warm again!) Florida. Recent visitors returned to Baltimore today & I'm SO looking forward to family company arriving later this week. And then, just to be sure I get some real Florida sunshine this winter, I'm meeting with friends from Albu....aw, I can't spell it...New Mexico in Key West later this month.
Otherwise, life is fine.
Happy New Year to all ya'll!

I'm STILL out here, like the proverbial "bad penny"! I just saw the icon for the Maroon Wave Assembly Hall on my PC's crowded Desktop and decided I should "show-up" again so as not to end up in the "Missing Persons" or "In Memory" files! I'll ALWAYS love Welch, McDowell County, and EVERYTHING that "On The Hill" represents to each of us. Although we're all distant these days, there will always be that "tide that binds" ... the "Maroon Wave"! Thanks for keeping the website open for us, DJ ... YOU ROCK! :-)

I still look at this site every day.
Nothing will take away my memories of growing up in Capels.

I still peek in from time to time hoping to hear or see something from those that I knew so long ago. Unfortunately it appears those from the class of 73 or Kimball have ventured off to different pastures.