Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sgt. Champion C. Barebo, 310th Regt., Co. E, KIA'd - Feb. 3, 1945

Looking for any help, insight or information per Sgt. Champion C. Barebo, 78th Inf. Div., 310th Regt., Co. E. Serial #37 603 714.

KIA'd Feb. 3, 1945 in Germany.

My name is Chris Barebo, I am the Bugler with the Reenactors and the leader of the band "the FUBAR Boys".

I have recently learned that my Great Uncle (Sgt. Champion C. Barebo) was a member of the 78th Inf. Div., 310th Regt., Easy Co.!

Although we have reached out to Ms. Norton of "the Flash", and we are beginning to take advantage of the all the research resources the Association offers (which is simply fantastic!), we also wanted
to reach out to see if any one can give us any additional insight on Sgt. Champion C. Barebo?

He was from the St. Louis, MO area, and beyond what we have stated here, we know little else about his time in the service or the details in regards to
his death.

His resting place is Immanuel Lewis Lutheran Cemetery, St. Charles, MO.

If any one has any insight on his death, or any recollections of Sgt. Barebo, please note we would greatly appreciate you sharing them with us!

It is indeed an honor to learn that my Great Uncle served in the 78th.

In signing up as a Lifetime Member of the Flash two years ago, I never dreamed that a family connection existed with the 78th.

In closing, my attachment to the 78th is even more personal now and I feel an even greater sense of belonging; it's like arriving home after a long arduous trip!

Esse Quam Videri and Allons Mesenfants!

Thank you and God Bless you all.

Respectfully,

-- Chris "SAMI" Barebo

Your location (optional): Lehigh Valley, PA