Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sgt. Alvin Reese Lee

I would like to know if anyone remembers my father, Sgt. Alvin Reese Lee, Army serial No.34 365 494. He was assigned to Co.A--1st Battalion--311th Infantry Regiment--78th Infantry Division. He was based in England until he crossed the English Channel to Le Havre France late November, 1944.

He bacame incapacitated some time between mid December 1944 and when he left from Liverpool,England on the RMS Pasteur, Febuary 1st, 1945.

He arrived at the New York Port of Embarkation on Febuary 10th, 1945. From there he took a train to Wakeman Convalescent Hospital at Camp Atterbury, Indiana. He got an Honorable Discharge from Wakeman Hospital July 21st, 1945.

He was an expert with both the M1 and the carbine. He was in the German Campaign, Dec., 1944, the northen France campaign, Nov., 1944. He received the Good Conduct Medal, the European African Eastern Theater Ribbon, and 1 Battle Star.

My father died in 1981. I have been trying to find out what happened to him to make him become incapacitated. He never told his family what happened to him. The subject of war was not allowed to be discussed. He went to his grave never telling any one what happened to him. He could not discuss it at all. He was on 100% service connected disability when he passed.

Any help would be appreciated,

James Lee
Gallatin, TN

Your location (optional): pipeline corrosion control