Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Death of Richard Clements, former mortarman 78th division

Dear Ms. Norton,
This is just a courtesy notification of the death of Richard Clements, veteran of the 78th division WW II. He was in a mortar unit, and served in every battle in the European theater during the war. He was also awarded the purple heart for wounds received. He was also extremely active in the 78th Division Association. I am sure he is well-remembered by anyone who has served as an officer in the association during the 1970's up to the present time. Sadly he passed away on March 10,2010. As his cousin and good friend, I can say he will be sorely missed by his family, friends, and associates in the American Legion in the state of Mississippi. Please notify the 78th Division Association of his passing. I was present at the reunion in Jackson, MS in the late 80's and met many of the membership there. That reunion still holds a fond place in my heart. He was preceded in death by his wife, Peggy Woolam Clements. She was also very active in the 78th Division Association and was state American Legion Auxiliary commander in the 1980's.
I am sorry to pass along such sad news, but I knew that all of their friends in the 78th Division Association would need to know of his passing.
Sincerely,
Mark A. Whittington

Your location (optional): Panama City Beach, FL

Email  
Re: Death of Richard Clements, former mortarman 78th division

Sir I too was at he convention in Jackson, MS I believe around 1986. I worked with Richard helping put the convention on. I was still in the service then and my Soldiers posted the Flag for the participants. We acquired M1 Grands for the presentation of the colors. A couple of the 78th' BEST had to give my soldiers a crash course in M1 manual of Arms. Both my soldiers and the 78th Warriors had a fun time. I met General Price too.

Your location (optional): Richland, MS

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains