Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sgt. John T. Burnham, 309th Infantry

Hello, I am looking for any information someone may have on Sgt. John T. Burnham, 309th Infantry Regiment, 78th Infantry Division. He was killed in action near Rheinbreitbach, Germany on 16 March 1945. Again, any information or stories about this heor would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ken.

Re: Sgt. John T. Burnham, 309th Infantry

Ken,
My information indicates that Sgt John T. Burnham Jr. was killed in action on March 3, 1945 near Essen, Germany. He was born March 16, 1926 in Maryland, a son of John T. Burnham Sr and Ruth A. Blucher. Perhaps you have confused part of his date of birth with his death date.

His Army serial number was 13138723 and he was in Company C, 309/78; he entered the service on April 4, 1944 from Baltimore, Maryland. Unfortunately, I do not know where his final burial location is. I would suspect somewhere near Baltimore. If you ever locate his grave site, I would be interested in knowing the location.

Your location (optional): Ohio

Ken,

I was able to locate Sgt Burnham's burial location; check out this website to view his grave stone.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=37336646

Your location (optional): Ohio

James, Many thanks for all you do. Your contributions and information are truly appreciated by the families and veterans of the 78th Division.

Merry Christmas to you and all.

Web

Thank you for the information on my Uncle. My Mother was sister to Sgt. John T. Burnham Jr. He is buried in Sater's Church Cemetery in Maryland.

How did you know him and what is your interest in him?

Your location (optional): Berryville, VA