Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WW2 Lightning Newspapers...

My father, Thomas J. Medley, was a member of the 78th Infantry Division during WW2. He is still going strong at 93 in Burbank, CA.

He was also the 78th's unofficial cartoonist and illustrator, and did many drawings, cartoons, illustrations for the division, from holiday cards to his Fearless Freddy Flash cartoon strip.

Does anyone here, or a govt. agency, have complete archives of the Lightning newspaper? I struck out with the National Archives and Records Administration.

I am hoping to put together a "complete works" of his art during the War. I have many copies, but not complete.

Thank you very much for your help.

Gary Medley, gtmedley@gmail.com

Your location (optional): United States

Re: WW2 Lightning Newspapers...

Gary,

I have two 1943 issues of the Lightning newspaper, Sep 4 & 18, both of which have Tom's drawing incorporated. If you don't have copies of the drawings, I can email you these. Let me know.

Jim Cooper

Your location (optional): Ohio

Re: WW2 Lightning Newspapers...

Gary, did you ever finish compiling these? I would love to see a copy. I am Irving "Kuffy"Kuflik daughter. Please email me at xbklynight@aol.com thank you