Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
310 AT

I realize that I should have done this years ago, but I would like to connect with anyone who has any knowledge about the 310 Anti-tank unit. My father, William Donald Carlson was in charge of the unit. He died in 1988. Like many of his generation, he did not talk about his war experiences. Now that I am retired, patents deceased, children out of the nest, I would like to know more, especially from those who knew him personally.

Your location (optional): Warrenton, Oregon

Email  
Re: 310 AT

Meridee,

I cannot help with personal knowledge, but the 310th Regimental history can be downloaded here:

http://digicom.bpl.lib.me.us/ww_reg_his/36/

Your location (optional): Ohio

Email  

My Father Robert Walsh served under your father in the 310th inf., 3rd battalion, Co. B. unfortunately he passed away in April 1996 but I remember him saying your Father was a well respected leader and took really good care of his men. He also had the pleasure to reminisce with your Father at the 78th's reunions over the years. If you have any questions e-mail me I'll try to help you out.

Your location (optional): Philadelphia Pa.

Email  

My father Staff Sgt Roland Gilbert also served with 310th Company B. Like many others he didn't open up regarding the war until a few years before he passed. He was awarded with a bronze star and 2 purple hearts. I do know he was very proud of serving and was saddened by the many friends he made that didn't make it home.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com