Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Paul A Drake

I am looking for information regarding my uncle Paul A Drake from Farmersburg, In. I believe he was in the 3rd Army, 78 division. Uncle Paul did not speak much about what he was involved in because it upset him. Uncle Paul was a big man, boxed but I remember him as a very hard worker. He was the oldest of the 4 boys and my father was in the Air Corp flying fuel over the Hump, Uncle Harold was in the CBI as well. I have a lot of history on my Dad but uncle Paul had no children.

If you can direct me on how to get any additional info I would appreciate it.

thanks

Your location (optional): Indianapolis

Email  
Re: Paul A Drake

Herman,

The WWII Memorial has Paul A. Drake in the 79th Division. I checked the rosters of the 313th & 314th Infantry and he was not listed. I have not found the rosters for the 315th Infantry. Check the probate office in Trigo Co., IN for a copy of his discharge. It will list the unit he came home with.

Your location (optional): Ohio

Email  
Re: Paul A Drake

thanks, I posted the info on the WWII website and I don't remember where I got the information. We did find a drawing behind a picture of uncle Paul that was folded up and it has a signature but not legible but date 1945/Auschwitz. I will go to Vigo county and see what they have.

thanks for you help

Your location (optional): indianapolis

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Cheap Domains