Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
New Documentary for 70th Anniv.: "Die Brucke von Remagen" WDR.de - German Public TV

My father was a veteran in the 78th Division (medic). I have always been intrigued by the conquest of the Remagen Bridge. Finally, in May 2014, we took a family trip to re-visit the sites crossed by the 78th Division noted in the famous Lightning Strikes Twice map. (We also visited excellent WWII museums in Brussels, Bastogne, and Diekirch, LUX. The Peace Museum at the Bridge of Remagen's western towers is very worthwhile to visit and is a worthy tribute.

Last Saturday (3/7), I was searching for online news and video clips and discovered an excellent documentary that was just released on Friday March 6th and is available for viewing online.

I previously attempted to post a link to this video but my post was rejected as spam.

I'm going to try again here by providing directions for a Google search, and without direct links.

The documentary premiered on Germany's WDR network on Friday March 6 2015.

By using the following terms in the Google search box, you should be able to find the video: WDR Die Brucke Von Remagen 2015 documentary . Using this tip, the 2nd and 3rd items are direct hits on WDR's web site.

Alternatively, one could go to WDR's web site and type Remagen into the search box.

The resolution is also good on an HDTV if you use the Chrome browser to view on a PC and a Chrome-cast device.

Our family enjoyed this documentary even though we cannot understand one word of German. The mix of current and archived footage, the view of the tunnel, the current aerial footage of the bridge towers and surrounding area make for a fitting tribute to all those who served.

This documentary was very well done and will hopefully be translated into English by PBS, Discovery's AHC Channel, or A&E's Military History Channel in the near future.

Hope all who view appreciate this documentary.

Your location (optional): Illinois

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Blogs   Cheap Domains