Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Looking for Info on Stanley Bell Jr.

Hello, I am looking for information on my grandfather, S/Sgt Stanley M. Bell Jr. of Baltimore, MD who served with the Headquarters Company 3rd BN in WW II. My grandfather didn't talk about his service, but I know from a handwritten note in his Blue Infantrymen book that he was evacuated from Hurtgen Forest. My family and I are currently stationed in western Germany not too far from Hurtgen, and we would like to try and visit some locations where my grandfather served. If anyone on the site has information about my grandfather please feel free to email me, thank you very much.

Your location (optional): Germany

Email  
Re: Looking for Info on Stanley Bell Jr.

If you do not have a copy of the 'History 310th Infantry' with you, download a copy here:

http://digicom.bpl.lib.me.us/ww_reg_his/36/

The maps in this book are pretty good at showing the path of each Bn.

Good luck

Jim

Your location (optional): Ohio

Email  
Re: Looking for Info on Stanley Bell Jr.

My name is Patti Jo Knight (Pat Torrence, back in the early 60's when I knew your grandfather - I think.) I was searching for a very old friend of mine, Betsy Bell, and googled her father's name (Stanley Bell) since I can't be sure of her last name now. I know my friend Betsy married a man named David Baker, a pilot, who is now deceased. So I'm assuming you are Betsy's son. Betsy and I grew up together in Richmond, VA, and I remember her dad worked for General Mills; he used to bring home boxes of cereal as samples. If Betsy is your mother I would really love to reconnect with her. We were friends when we were around 7 years old until our early teens. Her family moved to Roanoke when we were around 12 or 13, and eventually Betsy ended up in Maryland where we last spoke in 1985.

I'm sorry this is not exactly the information you were hoping for...and I hope since April 2015 when you first posted this message that you've learned more about your grandfather.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

Your location (optional): Richmond, VA

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com