Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Greg Farrell - Happy Early Birthday to Our First Website Fabricator

Dear Greg,

It's been a while since you left us with the current ongoing website. If it weren't for you, this website wouldn't exist at all. Numerous times you spent your own money in keeping this web going. I truly do not think that you got enough recognition. Anyway, Happy Birthday old man! 65 years old this May 8th. May 8th, Victory over Europe (VE Day). 70 years ago!

God bless our past, present and future veterans!!!

Best Regards,
Dennis A. Rusinovich
Assoc. Member/Frank
309th Inf. Reg./ Company D

Your location (optional): Syosset, NY

Email  
Re: Greg Farrell - Happy Early Birthday to Our First Website Fabricator

Dennis,

Sorry, but I have been offline for awhile. Went in today to the message board and discovered your birthday message! Quite a surprise. Thank you so much.

I have to credit and honor the Association's leadership with helping make the website happen through their gracious support over the years.

It warms my heart to see the message board still so active, and see Stan Polny is (God Bless him) with us.

I am in San Jose, CA this weekend for my father-in-law's 90th birthday. He served with 1st Army, 126th Evacuation Hospital during the war...got to within 30 miles of Berlin before 1st Army stopped the advance so the Russians could take the prize and end that dreadful war. More info about these medical units here http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/wwii/FUSA1945/FUSA1945.htm

Most interesting is how the Allies utilized German medical personnel to assist with treatment of German POW's, DP's and civilians.

The website is blessed to have tremendous webmasters who keep it going. We owe them our eternal thanks.

All the best,

Greg

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains