Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Insignia questions - Meritorious Unit and Berlin service

Hi All - I'm continuing to work on a project for my mother to commemorate my grandfather's (pfc Lester Lundahl) service in the 311th, 2d battalion, G company. All of his original "stuff" has been lost, so I'm recreating it as best I can.

Someone has suggested that the Meritorious Unit patch (gold wreath square patch for lower sleeve) is appropriate for his unit, as it somehow relates to the Distinguished Unit Citation. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Secondly, the timing of his discharge date shows that he spent significant time in Berlin after action. On one 78th vet's site, I saw him displaying the European theatre patch (the sword patch) with a "Berlin District" tab above it, along with his 78th lightning patch. Would enlisted men actually have displayed this patch or at least been expected to?

I'm posting another message with questions about medals.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Cheap Domains