Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Ray Sherman Clark - 311th Company M

Ray Sherman Clark of of Missouri was KIA on January 30, 1945, the hellish day when the post "Bulge" attack kicked off in a blizzard. He was in Company M, 311th regiment. Some time ago I came upon an account (I believe it was on a tribute-to-vet website) that said he had volunteered to be a runner and was killed just after he delivered a message to a unit that had become separated. I seem to have misplaced (I hope only temporarily) the website address with this account. Is anyone familiar with it?

Clark was one of twelve from the 311th for whom streets at Camp Grohn near Bremen were named after (i.e., S/Sgt. Jonah Edward Kelley, PFC Billy A. Krowse, Capt. Samuel A. Gibson, 2nd Lt. Leroy Rooks, PFC Keith B. Fox, 1st Lt. Peter A. Novakawski, S/Sgt. Robert W. Couchman, S/Sgt. Dewaine S. McBride, PFC Ray S. Clark, Capt. Clyde H. Trivett, 2nd Lt. William E. Lorenz, and PFC David H. Parker).

Could anyone steer toward more information about Ray S. Clark? Thank you.

Re: Ray Sherman Clark - 311th Company M

Jennifer Holik is a WWII researcher and takes on private clients. You can find her on Facebook.

Your location (optional): Gulf Coast

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting