Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Info required on a Major Art Damrow,possibly served in the 78th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop

Hello Gentlemen,
I wonder whether you can help me in my quest?, I hope someone can.

I recently purchased a group of souvenirs from a picker in the USA,I was told these were taken by a Major Art Damrow during his service in WW2 in the ETO.
I was sent a picture via email with the initial photos of an American officer wearing a chocolate brown tunic with crossed sabres on his lapels, so assumed that he belonged to a cavalry unit. I have for some reason or another lost the picture (from my computers memory) and I cannot get any more information from the original seller...

Two of the German items in the grouping had markings belonging to towns one was a corner patch from a flag (Dulmen) and the other an NSDAP armband (Remscheid) these two towns are only 90 km apart.
Well with the bit of research I've been able to do it looks like the 78th Infantry Div was in this particular area,with the 78th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop having the crossed sabre insignia part of the Division.

I would be grateful if anyone can confirm whether or not a Major Art Damrow served in the 78th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop during this conflict.

Many thanks in advance

Robert Sellers

Birmingham,
England

Your location (optional): Birmingham,England

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com