Return to Website

The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board

***** ANNOUNCEMENT IN THE JUNE FLASH******

THE 78TH DIVISION VETERANS ASSOCIATION  IS  IN THE PROCESS OF DISSOLUTION BUT THE WEBSITE WILL CONTINUE !!!

See details under recent posts

Forum: The 78th Division Veterans Association Message Board
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Captain James Milam

If anyone here is still alive from those times, I would be curious to know about my grandfather Captain James Milam. He was wounded at Schmidt and spent six months in the hospital, and then went home as the Pacific war was over. I think he was a 1st Lt. when he was wounded at Schmidt and was promoted afterwards. He almost never talked about the war, but did tell me about ordering men through breaches in the Siegfried line. He said it was the hardest thing he had ever done, as he looked around and had to decide who would go first. If anyone here served with him or has heard anything about him I would like to hear it. He died in 1994, and I don't know if the War Department has records of that time due to the fire. I have not requested them, but if that information is still there I would also like to know. My mother came across a document a long time ago that said "Milam was ordered to take Kesternich with a company." That is all we know.

Thank you for any help,

James

Re: Captain James Milam

There was a Capt James H. Milam, from Lubbock, TX, in Co. C, 310th Infantry. You can view the 310th history here:

http://digicom.bpl.lib.me.us/ww_reg_his/36/

He is listed on pg 182.

I have his dates as 1911-1994, but would like to know his burial location if this is your grandfather.

Your location (optional): Ohio

Email  
Re: Captain James Milam

He is buried in Lubbock.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting